volume of water in a pipe

Forum about flow calculators available on pipeflowcalculations.com and how to find solution for your fluid flow problem.
hayya

volume of water in a pipe

Post by hayya »

Hello

thanx alot for helping me out in first part, and sorry for second part that is given in second last line, that is 10 ml used by sample analysis not 10ml/min. plz kindly tell me if If the instrument uses 10ml for sample analysis, how many liters of water must pass through the sampler before it detects the contamination in the pipe for the data given below.
An instrument is installed along a major water distribution pipe line to detect potential contamination.A 2.54 cm dia. pipe connects the instrument to the water distribution pipe.The connecting pipe is 20 m long.water from distribution pipe is pumped through the instrument and then discharged to a holding tank for verification analysis.If the flow rate of water in the sample line is 1L/min.how many minutes will it take a sample from distribution pipe to reach the instrument.Use the following relationship to determine speed in sample pipe
u = Q/A
u = speed of water in pipe in m/sec
Q =flow rate in pipe in cubic meter/ sec
A= area of the pipe in square meter
If the instrument uses 10ml for sample analysis, how many liters of water must pass through the sampler before it detects the contamination in the pipe. thanx alot
admin
Site Admin

Re: volume of water in a pipe

Post by admin »

hayya wrote:plz kindly tell me if If the instrument uses 10ml for sample analysis, how many liters of water must pass through the sampler before it detects the contamination in the pipe for the data given below.
I think it is the characteristic of instrument and the level contamination
Pipe flow calculations - since 2000