Pressure sensor....pressure type (static, dynamic or total)?

Forum about flow calculators available on pipeflowcalculations.com and how to find solution for your fluid flow problem.
nikesh

Pressure sensor....pressure type (static, dynamic or total)?

Post by nikesh »

Hello everyone,
I am new here...and I have a couple of questions I would like to ask, in a hope to hear from some experts in this field.
Recently, I've been working on pipe flows past a valve (gate and ball). This is installed at the bottom of a reservoir (Refer to the first figure). I want to measure Total pressure before and aft of the valve. I have been given a pressure sensor which has to be installed in the pipe and readings will be taken in the oscilloscope. The data will then be refined and Pressure at both the points can be obtained. But my problem is, I am not sure which pressure (static or dynamic or total) this sensor measures. Infact, none of my team mates have any answer to this. Please refer to pics 2 and 3. I'm hoping someone with experience in this could give me insights!
And my second doubt is: based on fig 1, where should the two pressure ports be located? According to the standard method for straight pipes, 2D upstream and 6D downstream of the valve are the appropriate positions for pressure-reading (ANSI/ISA-75.02-1996). But in my case, due to the presence of elbows and bends I am a little dubious about it.
Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks!
Nikesh.
Attachments
3-PressureSensor.jpg
3-PressureSensor.jpg (107.73 KiB) Viewed 25842 times
2-PressureSensor&ConnectionToOscilloscope.jpg
2-PressureSensor&ConnectionToOscilloscope.jpg (154 KiB) Viewed 25842 times
1-정수장_Model-Reservoir.JPG
1-정수장_Model-Reservoir.JPG (33.93 KiB) Viewed 25842 times