Pressure equalization

Forum about flow calculators available on pipeflowcalculations.com and how to find solution for your fluid flow problem.
Hempriggs

Pressure equalization

Post by Hempriggs »

Hi

I think the fluid flow calculator is a good place to start but need some guidance on solving my question.
I have a local reservoir of pressurized air at 2000psi supplied by several compressors which effectively fixes the local reservoirs pressure. 800m away along a 1" pipe I have a 5000cui remote reservoir, pressure is released from the remote reservoir and the system is sealed such that the remote reservoir now has an initial state of 1000psi. I'm looking at how long till the remote reservoir is back at 2000psi.

Any help or pointers to a guide/spreadsheet/Matlab code?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Pressure equalization

Post by admin »

The problem with this kind of calculations is that pressure on the remote reservoir is not constant, so you have non stationary flow - flow rate changes as pressure in remote reservoir is rising from 1000psi to 2000psi.
I have posted differential equations for this kind of problems but as this problem seems to be coming over and over again, I will take action to make special calculator for reservoir emptying and filling.
Try with this post.
Pipe flow calculations - since 2000