Help with air discharge time

Forum about flow calculators available on pipeflowcalculations.com and how to find solution for your fluid flow problem.
pedrosydow

Help with air discharge time

Post by pedrosydow »

how do I calculate the time required for emptying a tank of 10 m3 of air at 50 psi through a 2" opening to atmosphere?
Please Help me!
pedrosydow

Re: Help with air discharge time

Post by pedrosydow »

Please friends ... Can someone help me? I need a lot of it,, any help will be appreciated ...
thank you very much
pedrosydow

Post by pedrosydow »

the problem is:
Need to know the time necessary for emptying a tank of 8 m3 through an opening 2 ".
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Do you have pipe after opening and what length?
You can use pressure drop calculator with resistance factor K=0.5 for entrance and K=1 for exit, so total K=1.5.
Pressure difference is the height difference in m of water between top level and exit.

As level of water drops calculated flow rate at top level will decrease during the time.
Pipe flow calculations - since 2000
pedrosydow

Post by pedrosydow »

Firstly thanks for answering my question.
As I said, the tank that I'm talking about have 8 m3 and works with compressed air at 100 psig, he has as an output pipe 2 in diameter and 2 meters long with a ball valve at the tip.
I need an idea of ​​the time required to empty the tank, when the valve is fully open, because this information is very important for the project I'm doing.
Please, even if he can give me the answer, if you can tell me how to discover could help me as much.

once again thank you for your attention.