Static Pressure through exhaust system

Forum about flow calculators available on pipeflowcalculations.com and how to find solution for your fluid flow problem.
dexerslab

Static Pressure through exhaust system

Post by dexerslab »

Hi,

I am curious to gain some insight in regards to measuring static pressure in an exhaust system flowing a compressible fluid (air).

Using a manometer I will collect differential static pressures across various components on the system, with static pressures being tapped using a piezo averaging ring.

My questions are:

1.) Must each static pressure be collected at a point in the system having a common cross sectional flow area? Must a correction be made if the cross sections are different?

2.) If the temperatures are different at each of the points I measure, must a correction be made for this also?

Thanks for any insight...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Static Pressure through exhaust system

Post by admin »

I think that some answers you can get on:
http://www.pipeflowcalculations.com/pip ... essure.php.

There you have relations between static, dynamic and total pressure.

If you change cross section of one stream, velocity will change and part of static pressure will transform into dynamic so you must take it into consideration.

As total pressure change, temperature will change also, so you will have to know it also and anticipate how temperature is change due to pressure change.
Pipe flow calculations - since 2000