Water Hammer Cavitation

Forum about flow calculators available on pipeflowcalculations.com and how to find solution for your fluid flow problem.
manojkv

Water Hammer Cavitation

Post by manojkv »

Hello All,

I am trying to analyse the effect of water hammer cavitaion on various valves like Globe Valve,Gate Valve, Butterfly valve. This analysis is for a water distribution management system for industrial purpose and hence the diameter of the pipe is big. Can any one suggest me which type of Valve has the best resistance coefficient at water hammer condition.? how? why? i am in a confused state during the selection of the valves and hence asking suggestions from the group.

Any suggestions/comments/remarks are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Manoj
admin
Site Admin

Re: Water Hammer Cavitation

Post by admin »

I would suggest globe valve as it has longest time required for open and close, so water hammer will be lower than with butterfly valve which can be closed and opened very quickly.
Pipe flow calculations - since 2000
manojkv

Re: Water Hammer Cavitation

Post by manojkv »

Thank you very much admin...

I would like to know a simple test set up simulation where i can test in softwares like flowmaster or etc..? Could anyone provide me more detail about a simple test case to set up the simulation model and use the above valve to check the result? A procedure will greatly help me..

thanks & Regards,
Manoj