Lowest dp to maintain flow

Forum about flow calculators available on pipeflowcalculations.com and how to find solution for your fluid flow problem.
sjolley

Lowest dp to maintain flow

Post by sjolley »

Hi, first time in the forum so please be gentle with me.... I'm trying to find out what is the minimum dp I need in order to maintain my maximum flow via a flow control valve. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I'm not a process engineer so please keep it simPle. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
PipeFlowCalcs

Re: Lowest dp to maintain flow

Post by PipeFlowCalcs »

I guess that you are controlling pressure with control valve - is the purpose of control valve is to keep pressure after the valve constant, or controling something like flow rate or temperature?

If you are controlling pressure, than control valve will open once the pressure after it is lower than one that is set.
Pipe flow calculations - free fluid flow calculators
sjolley

Post by sjolley »

We are controlling natural gas flow rate via a flow control valve. Max 44 million standard cubic meters day. Pressure in the National Transmission System varies and in order for us to flow, we have to be at a higher pressure. i need to know the minimum differential pressure across the fcv for us to maintain max flow.
PipeFlowCalcs

Post by PipeFlowCalcs »

You must have valve characteristics curve so you can know how that. When valve senses flow rate drop it will open itself, potentially to its maximum open position. In that case, if you do not have sufficient inlet pressure, or big enough pressure difference flow rate will not reach its maximum that you need.
Pipe flow calculations - free fluid flow calculators