low water pressure output at spa jets

Forum about flow calculators available on pipeflowcalculations.com and how to find solution for your fluid flow problem.
splash

low water pressure output at spa jets

Post by splash »

Hi, having a little problem, someone might be able to help figure out. I am not getting enough flow pressure to make the (4) jets roto, or even feel any pressure.

Have a Hayward Tristar 3200 2 H.P. 2 Spd Series Full Rated SP32202EE - rate at 80 gpm for 2" pipe
max horse power is at 2.7

I was told that the loss is 5.8 lbs per gallon? ( when the pump is lower than the spa)

the spa is a 350 gal unit

This pump unit is sitting approximately 6 ft below the water line, jets are about 20" below the water.
the pump is 60 ft away from the spa.
I run the pump on High speed.
using 2" line from the pump to the spa
then the looped lines connecting each spa jet body - Watwerway (210-5860) is 1- 1/2" all 4 are connected together on to the one 2" line.

the spa jets being used are: Waterway 210-6120 Poly Jet Internal Roto Smooth Face rated at 10 - 12 gpm at 15 psi.

It is a pool spa unit - so the same pump being used for filtration is being used for the spa jets, (set up on valves to divert water from one to the other.

I have great water flow to the return lines for the filtration, but once it goes to the jets, the 4 of them, it does not have pressure.

I plugged 3 of the jet lines at the spa, and have pressure, as I remove them one by one, the pressure disappears to a slow flow.?

Not sure which way to go? Is my pump large enough? its not a large body of water. ? a little lost.
admin
Site Admin

Re: low water pressure output at spa jets

Post by admin »

Some simplified will be of help.

What is the maximal pump pressure at zero flow? (or at some flow rate) - in psi

You need to have 15 psi for your jets - if I understand you correctly - in order to have 10-12 gpm.

I do not understand you words:
I was told that the loss is 5.8 lbs per gallon? ( when the pump is lower than the spa)

which loss did they mean, and loss should be declared in psi?
Pipe flow calculations - since 2000